Summer is definitely over and you cannot find any lychees anymore. Don’t worry, be happy, it’s time to discover longans. They are all over the stores in Chinatown. They look like this, they taste pretty much like lychees, and they have plenty of benefits:
- They have a calming and relaxing effect on the nervous systemn
- They help treat insomnia and sleeping disorders
- They improve blood circulation and help assimilate the iron in our body thanks to their high content in vitamin C. One half cup of longans provides 80% of your daily vitamin C requirements.
- They are very low in calories and fats
- They are good for your heart and your skin thanks to their anti-aging properties
- They strengthen your bones
Oh and longan literally means “Dragon eye” in mandarin. Of course 🙂