Put some color in your winter days by making a nice & joyful dinner.
Here is a recipe that I think you are going to love
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 yellow squash (or any kind of squash)
- 1/2 cup of wild rice
- 1 bunch broccolini
- spices : you can choose between curry powder, turmeric, cumin or even combine them, they go great together
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt, pepper
If you have a stove with at least 3 burners, you should be done in 45 minutes maximum. Let’s get busy!
Rule number 1: It is important that you follow the order below so that you can serve your whole meal together and hot
- Wash and drain the rice
- In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of water for 1/2 cup rice and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and let it simmer until the water is absorbed. This should take around 30-40 minutes.
- Wash and cut the vegetables (you can keep the skin on the sweet potato and the yellow squash).
- In a frying pan, heat a teaspoon of coconut oil. Add the sweet potatoes and cover. Lower the heat. After 5 minutes, turn with a spatula. Add the squash, spices, and salt. Cover again for another 5 minutes. Once they start getting tender, uncover and cook on low heat until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Quickly stir fry the broccolini in a drizzle of olive oil with some salt, garlic and pepper. Do not cook for more than 5 minutes unless you like them mushy.
- Cut the avocado into thin slices
- You can sprinkle some salt and pepper on the avocados or even dulce flakes like we did here. You can also sprinkle some parsley on the potato-squash mix, it makes it yummy
- Serve the whole masterpiece like this and enjoy!