You have probably heard of Shea butter (beurre de karité). It is used by tons of cosmetic companies in their products along with other chemicals, as usual. Our tip today is to introduce you to the 100% natural and raw version of it.
Shea butter is extracted from the nut of the African Shea Tree. It contains a rich amount of fatty acid with makes it superior and more efficient than cocoa butter or other natural vegetable butters. Put it on your skin daily after showering and it will look and feel smoother, softer, and healthier. Here are some key benefits of Shea butter:
- treats dry skin, eczema and minor burns
- relieves pain from swelling
- helps muscle relaxation and stiffness
- can be used as sunscreen thanks to its rich content in vitamins E & F
- treats dark sports, skin discolorations, stretch marks, wrinkles
Go explore the stores that sell African Produces in your neighborhood. If you live in New York, you can even find it from street vendors who sell incenses. Here are some ideas. Just make sure you look for African Shea Butter 100% natural. By the way, it costs only $5.00 and it will last you for months!