This is another great vegetable I have discovered here in the US. Who said there is only junk food here?
Just open your eyes! These can be found everywhere during the winter season!
Baked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- Handful of fresh parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the squash longwise and remove the seeds with a spoon
- Brush the inside parts of the squash with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash, cut sides down, on a baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 50 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape squash horizontally (width wise) with a fork to remove the flesh into strands. Place in a large bowl. Add parsley, and more salt and pepper to taste if needed. You can also add some vegan parmesan!
- Eat immediately while nice and warm.