If you have a food processor, you can do it. That’s basically all you need besides the below ingredients.
Sunburger & Fresh Tomato
- 3 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 3h, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, minced (white onion works also)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive il
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- handful parsley, thinly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Mix all the ingredients except the tomato in your food processor until well combined
- Spread the obtained mixture into a flat patty shape
- Place a sliced tomato on top
- You can add another layer to make it look like a burger and/or also add some delicious toppings such as avocado, sunflower sprouts, all kind of herbs, pepper, etc. Be crazy!
Also did you know that sunflower seeds are a great source of vitamin E, magnesium and can reduce your cholesterol?