As usual, instead of buying ready made ones which in most of the cases would have unnecessary ingredients and cost you a fortune, make your own 100% natural soup and you will be able to have it for several meals!
Carrot Ginger Sweet Potato Soup
- 5 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 branch celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium size yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add the onion, cover and cook about 5 minutes
- Add the carrots, celery and sweet potato.
- Cover and cook the vegetables until soft, about 10 minutes
- Stir in the garlic, water, curry powder, ginger, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the thyme, pinch of cayenne and salt and let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Once the flavors are well combined, stop the heat. You will still have around 1 cup water
- In 2 or 3 times, carefully transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. Pour back into the pan and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with chives, pumpkin seeds or parsley before serving