If there is one thing I will never get tired of, it’s definitely avocados.
And lately, I have been having this passion for plantains.
Combine the 2 and you get this:
Tostones y guacamole
- 2 green plantains
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 small red onion minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh lime juice
- Peel the plantains and cut them into 1 inch (~2.5 cm) slices
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat
- Fry the plantains for 3 minutes
- Take them out and let them cool 3 minutes on a paper towel in a plate
- Flatten them using a jar, sprinkle some salt and fry them again for 3 minutes, not more
- Mash the avocado in a bowl using a fork
- Add in the onion, garlic, lime, salt&pepper and mix
Serve both right away!