If you are looking to make a fresh, light dessert that would please everyone, this is the one!
Both sweet, tart and nutty, it’s a magical mix that will definitely make many people say ‘Mmmmh so good”
Exquisite Key lime Pie
- 1 cup almonds
- 9-10 large dates
- pinch of salt
- fresh squeezed juice from 4 limes (key limes are the best but they can’t always be found)
- 1Tbsp lime zest
- 1 1/4 cup cashews soaked for at least 3 hours
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 inch sliced, peeled cucumber (optional)
- 1/4 avocado (optional)
To make the crust :
- Process the almonds until crushed
- Add the dates and process until they start to stick together.
- Pour and press firmly in a baking pan and put in the fridge
To make the filling :
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until well incorporated.
- Pour over the crust and put in the fridge at least 2-3 hours
- Before serving, decorate with lime, hemp seeds and any fun stuff you like!