Soup, soup, soup! That’s all I want lately as a starter for my meals. It’s a great way to eat a good amount of veggies.
Let’s all do it!
Warm Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight or at least 4 hours, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans fire roasted whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- a handful fresh basil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a dash of red pepper flakes
- a dash of pepper
- in a blender, blend the cashews (soaked, drained and rinsed) and water on high speed until the texture is creamy
- Saute the garlic and onions in a pan with 1 tsp olive oil
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and onions to the blender and blend until smooth
- Pour the mixture in a saucepan
- Add the oregano, 1 tsp olive oil, red pepper flakes and nutritional yeast and bring to a boil (should take around 10-15 minutes). Stir frequently so that the soup does not burn.
- You can add some water if you like it less thick.
- Add the salt, pepper and basil when ready to serve and eat right away as it’s nice and warm!