Some people tend to think that kale chips are just a trendy hipster thing.
Well, it’s kind of lame that when you find them in grocery stores, they can be ridiculously expensive. And often, they are not 100% healthy as they have added salt or fat.
But Kale chips, just like kale salad, are really good for our health. They have plenty of vitamins A, C, K which are great for our bones, skin, teeth, eyes and blood circulation. Instead of eating those processed chips full of fat, make your own kale chips, they a perfect healthy snack and can really be appreciated as an appetizer when you have people over for dinner!
Make your own kale chips
- 1 bunch kale chips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Remove the leaves from the kale bunches. Wash and let air dry
- If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can definitely use your oven to make these. Just preheat at 300F and line a baking sheet in a large thin tray
- In a large bowl, massage the kale with the olive oil until well mixed.
- Add all the other ingredients and massage with your hands until well combined
- Spread the kale on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes in total. Make sure, you check after 15 minutes to see if they are crispy. If using a dehydrator, bake for 40 min and check if they are ready.