Don’t you feel like eating a little muffin?
The greatest thing about carrots is that they are available all year long. Which means that you have no excuse not to try out this recipe.
Carrot Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed+3 Tbsp water
- 1 & 1/2 cups grated carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 1 & 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- Peal and grate the carrots, set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax seeds and water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients : flour,sugar baking powder, soda, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet part: maple syrup, applesauce, coconut milk, flax meal and vanilla.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until the batter is well incorporated and thick
- Add in the carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
- Taste the batter to make sure you like the taste and check if you need more sweet or spices
- Scoop the batter into muffin liners
- Bake for about 18 minutes until a toothpick/knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before eating.
Perfect for breakfast or a little afternoon snack!