Yes we guarantee this meal is as healthy as it looks.
We have discovered the Explore-Asian product line recently while we were wandering in a health food store. You will probably be happy to know that they offer a variety of choices for all tastes. The pasta are mostly bean based, which is really nice as it can bring you a good amount of protein while enjoying the texture of pasta without all of the down sides such as a heavy stomach, weight gain, etc.
Today we have tried the Black Bean one with a simple homemade hemp seed pesto. Here we go:
Organic Hemp Seed Pesto Black Bean Pasta
- 1 bag Explore-Asian black bean pasta
- filtered water
- 2 cups hemp seeds
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- Bring the water to a boil
- In a food processor, mix the hemp seeds, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt. If it is too thick, add water little by little 1 Tbsp at a time so the pesto remains creamy. If too watery, add more hemp seeds
- Boil the pasta, no more than 7 minutes. They will be perfectly al dente
- Mix the pesto and the pasta
- Top with vegan parmesan
Be crazy and add anything else you like on top such as grilled mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, etc and enjoy feeling healthy after a delicious pasta meal!