If you are looking for a super easy, fresh, fruity and breathtaking dessert, here is my secret! And now it’s yours too 🙂
Ok, the only inconvenient thing is that you need to keep the canned coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
Little sunshine in a jar
- 1 sweet mango
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 10 pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- 1 coconut milk can cooled overnight in the fridge. We get this one
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- a handful of blueberries
- crushed pecans (optional)
Make a coconut whipped cream:
- Take the can out of the fridge and turn it up side down. (the bottom of the can is now on top)
- When you open it, you will get a hard part on top and a water part on the bottom (that’s why step 1 is crucial, if you missed it, just dump the water, you can use it for smoothies).
- Scoop out the hard cream part and put in in a bowl. Add 1 Tbsp maple syrup and whip using an electric hand mixer if you have or just a whisk if you want to work out a little at the same time
- Whip until the texture becomes fluffy.
- Here you go, you have a healthier version of whipped cream!
Prepare the little jars:
- Peel the mango and cut it into large pieces. Cut 1/4 of it into nice looking chunks
- Crush some pecans, mix in 1/4 tsp cinnamon and pour 2 tsp in the bottom of each jars
- In a blender, mix 3/4 of the mango, pineapple juice, the pineapple chunks and the banana. Pour the mixture evenly over the pecans.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the coconut whipped cream in each jar. Add more if you like
- Finally, top with the mango chunks, some blueberries or whichever other fruits or nuts you would like. The possibilities are endless!!!
Yeah yeah, this is as good as sunshine!