This is a super delicate dish that will make you feel good. It will perfectly accompany your winter and early spring meals.
People seem not to buy celery root that much. Maybe because of the way it looks? Or just because they think it is too complicated to make. Well forget that!
Did you know that it has fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and potassium! It is also a great digestive support. It is known to help against kidney diseases, nourish your skin and hair, help you relax your nerves and is also good against fighting colds!
Along with cauliflower which contains an array of minerals, nutrients and vitamins, you will be glowing after this dish!
Cauliflower is known to be be a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, B2, protein, vitamin B1, niacin, and magnesium and many others. Thanks to this magic of nature, it has great anti-inflammatory properties, it protects your heart, boosts your brain and will detox your body!
Now let’s mix them together!
Cauliflower and Celery Root Mash
- 1 celery root, peeled and diced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut in pieces
- 1 heaping Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 garlic
- olive oil, salt/pepper
- 1 stem scallion
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut the top part of the garlic, pour 1 Tbsp olive oil on top, sprinkle some salt and pepper, wrap in a foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Boil the water in a large pot (4 to 5 cups)
- Once boiled, add the celery root and cauliflower florets. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until soft. You can use a pressure cooker or a steamer if you have, it will be even better.
- Keep 2 to 4 Tbsp of the boiled water and drain.
- You might need to do this step in 2, 3 batches: Put the vegetables in a food processor and blend with the vegan butter and 1 tsp of salt. You can either adjust the salt and pepper now or once it is served.
- Pop out the roasted garlic from the skin and mix in the puree
- Top with scallions or parsley (or both!) before serving
- As a side suggestion, we recommend sauteed fresh spinach and mushrooms with a little more garlic 😉
This is so good and so healthy!