For a quick and healthy dinner idea, you always have the delicious avocado toast. But if you are pretty hungry and looking for a variety of nutrients, you can grab some vegetables on your way home and try this.
It also works when you have impromptus visitors, it’s quick and tasty!
Pink rice is super quick, it just takes 18-20 minutes. Its’s also known to be very healthy, it contains Molybdenum which helps in the formation of hemoglobin, Magnesium, good for our nerves and muscle cells, Phosphorus to fortify our bones and maintain a good energy.
You can use this base and play with different vegetables, as per your taste.
Pink Rice bowl & Mixed Veggies
- Pink Rice, we use this one
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 leeks
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 1/4 red belle pepper
- pea shoots to garnish
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Boil the rice: add 1 cup rice and a pinch of sea salt to 1 3/4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 18-20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Let stand for several minutes before serving.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil for 30 seconds. Add the chopped onions and red bell pepper, heat 2 minutes.
- Add the parsnip and carrots with a pinch of cayenne and the turmeric. Mix until they get golden for 5-7 minutes
- Add the leeks and celery. Heat for another 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the spices.
- Taste and adjust the spices before turning off the heat.
- Serve in a bowl just like that, nice and warm.
- Top with pea shoots for fun and a little nutty taste!