Oh yeah it’s time for a little sweet thing!
These muffins can be great for breakfast or to be shared as a dessert or afternoon snack. They contain no flour and are fully vegan and gluten free. They contain a little bit of sugar but you can definitely switch it to dates, maple syrup or honey. They tend to be a little crumbly, but are still very tasty!
Flourless Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 4 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 mashed banana or 1 apple coarsely grated
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal + 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and water. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Mix the almond meal, finely chopped dates, sugar, coconut oil, cardamom and cinnamon. Add the flax mixture and the banana or apple. You can do this by hand (using a spoon or a whisk) or in a food processor.
- Add the blueberries and mix gently by hand
- Pour into your muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is brownish
- Let cool for 15 minutes and go for it!