This is a great side dish, mung beans are super healthy and along with fennel, they taste really nice!
You can also make this as an appetizer and dip some nachos, carrots, cucumbers, flax crackers. have fun!
Fennel and Mung bean Dip
- 1 large fennel bulb, roughly diced (keep the fronds)
- 4 cloves garlic, in skins
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary leaves
- 2 cups Mung beans
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Cook the Mung beans as indicated on the package
- On a baking sheet, roast the fennel and garlic cloves tossed with salt and pepper for 30 minutes until the fennel becomes brownish
- in a food processor, combine the cooked mung beans, fennel, rosemary, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper flakes, add some of the fennel fronds for some additional taste.
- That’s it it’s ready!
- You can go to the next level, by adding some vegan Parmesan on top of the the fennel-mung bean mix and leave in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.