We made this pie in Costa Rica, which explains why:
- it was melting already by the time we took the photo 🙂
- we used oat cookie crumbles for the crust instead of walnuts and almonds. Nuts don’t grow much in Costa Rica and if they do, they are super expensive and not always easy to find.
Other than that, it’s delicious, refreshing and perfect to bring a nice touch to a summer evening.
If you do not have access to fresh young coconut meat, just use more cashews (3 cups in total). Make sure you soak the cashews the night before or minimum 3 hours before.
We did not have much choice for the decoration, but please use strawberries, mangoes, kiwis, whatever you find and make it as pretty and colorful as you can!
aw Coconut Lime Pie
- meat from 2 young coconuts
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- juice from 4 small limes (or 3 large ones)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- crust : 1 cup walnuts + 2 Tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp honey or 6 oat/honey cookies crumbled + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, crush the walnuts and mix with 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pour in a tart holder and press to form a crust. Put in the fridge
- In a blender, mix the cashews, coconut meat, coconut oil, honey, lime juice and vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture over the crust and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours before decorating.
- Enjoy the decoration time and share with people you love!