This is an amazing side dish. It is easy, extremely tasty and it feels very comforting with the sweetness and softness of the potatoes along with the delicacy of the leeks!
Baked Sweet Potatoes and Leeks
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 leek thinly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 12 Tbsp water
- sea salt and pepper
- chives or parsley for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax seeds and water.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F
- In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil on medium heat. Add the cut sweet potatoes. Heat until they become soft and brown. It takes approximately 15 min. Set aside
- In the same pan, heat the other Tbsp of oil. Add the garlic and leeks. Heat for 5-8 minutes until cooked. Reduce the heat to low, add the sweet potatoes, mixed flax seeds, salt and pepper. Turn off the stove and place in a pan in the oven for 10 minutes. They will get nice and crispy.
- Before serving, sprinkle some chopped chives or parsley. Or both, why not!
Enjoy at any time of the year!