🎶♫♪ Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose 🎶♫♪
Roasted Chestnuts! Oh yeah, such a great thing to feel nice and warm. Along with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms, it’s almost like a party in your pan, look at this:
Brussels Sprouts, Chestnuts, Mushrooms Poelee
- 1 cup fresh chestnuts
- 12ish fresh Brussels sprouts
- 6 large white mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- garlic powder (optional)
- Roasted Chestnuts : Preheat your oven to 400 degres F. Lay your chestnuts flat side down on a cutting board and cut a little X on the top with a knife. This will stop them from exploding in the oven and will also make your life easier to open them. Place them on a baking sheet in a pan and put in the oven for 15-25 minutes. It is ready when the inside becomes soft. Let them cool for a couple of minutes until you can touch them. It is best to peel them when they are still warm, be careful not to burn yourself. Some of them might be overcooked or bad, that’s perfectly normal, these guys can be tricky sometimes but it’s worth the effort, believe me.
- Brussels sprouts: Boil salted water in a saucepan. Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts by cutting them from top to bottom. You can get rid of the hard tip at the bottom. Once the water is boiled, throw in the Brussels sprouts for 2 minutes. Take them out, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Slice the mushrooms lengthwise.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil for a minute, add the mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes until they become juicy. Add in the Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts. Cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- You can add some garlic powder or salt & pepper or vegetable broth as per your taste.
- Well, you can now be proud of yourself. Especially if you are done within an hour. Chapeau!