I love tahini. It is a very nutritious paste made of sesame seeds. Originally from Middle-East, you can find it in most of the grocery stored and supermarket nowadays. Look for organic and raw tahini as they guarantee better nutrients.
To give you an idea, tahini has a lot of calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and magnesium. It is a good source of protein, vitamin B1,B2,B3,B5,B15 and E and it has good fat! If you suffer from anemia or low energy, it’s a great addition to bring into your life!
So here is a very easy recipe for nights where you need a dose of energy and you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. You can serve these with a side salad and another easy vegetable such as sauteed mushroom, zucchini or carrot!
Cauliflower & Tahini
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbs water
- a handful of finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C)
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Mix them in a bowl with 2 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes until the tops are slightly brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting in the oven, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and add the garlic. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute. Add the tahini, lemon juice, water and a pinch of salt. Turn the heat on low and cook for 2 minutes until the texture gets creamy.
- In a serving bowl, mix the sauce with the cauliflower, add the chopped cilantro and serve right away