Chocolate and Zucchini, Seriously?
Yes ladies and gentlemen: if I didn’t tell you that there was zucchini in this dessert, there is no way you would have found out 🙂
I was feeling a little down today. So I decided to treat myself: I bought some roses, made this bread, I went for a massage and I heard this song while I was waiting. Classic, it’s a sign!
And tonight, after a nice yoga class, I am finally tasting this bread. Mmmmh it is really good! I wish you were here so I could share it!
Here is my recipe so you can make the magic happen also!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degres F.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, cacao, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, salt and cayenne
- In a second bowl, mix the wet ingredients: mash 1 banana, add the vanilla extract, melted coconut oil (you can use applesauce instead if you want to make it oil free), coconut sugar. Add the shredded zucchini. The mixture will be very thick
- Combine the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ones, stirring simultaneously.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the final mixture into the pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean
Bye bye fat bread and cholesterol.
Yes you can still have sweets and be healthy!