Ok there are cherries on this photo, but the point is :
Don’t be scared of eating fruits! Especially berries and cherries. Now is the time and it will not last long. So do it!
Did you know that berries and cherries :
- are packed with antioxidants which can prevent from memory loss and also helps protect your skin.
- are high in potassium, which helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure and reduces the risk of hypertension
- protect from diabetes
- reduce risk of strokes
- prevent from cancer and inflammatory disease
- are a great source of vitamin C which you absolutely need for healthy skin, bones, hair, and pretty much everything 🙂
- contain fiber which helps in weight loss and help lower the cholesterol
Try to get them organic and/or locally grown as much as you can. As per a study in 2007, by Newcastle University in the United Kingdom found organic produce has 40 percent higher levels of some nutrients (including vitamin C, zinc and iron) and a 2003 study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that organically grown berries and corn have 58 percent more polyphenols—antioxidants that help prevent cardiovascular disease—and up to 52 percent higher levels of vitamin C than those conventionally grown. Choosing organic produce also lowers your exposure to pesticides.
Go get some, they are waiting for you!