If you belong to the category of people who have never bought fennel or endive, raise your hand 🙂
Personally, I rarely buy them as 1) I have a hard time finding them in the US or I probably do not pay attention, 2) organic endives are freaking expensive here and 3) I did not grow up eating fennel so I never think about them.
Well it is never too late to change!
Especially because this fresh recipe is so delicious that you will never forget this meal ever 🙂
Fresh Fennel, Endive and Orange Salad
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 endive
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 Tbsp orange juice, placed in the fridge to chill
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp mustard (il n’y a que Maille qui m’aille!)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Cut the fennel lengthwise and then cut into thin paper size layers. Place in a large serving bowl
- Cut the endive into 4 slices lengthwise and then cut into thin layers. Add in the bowl
- Cut the orange into sections, remove all the white pieces of pith. Cut the sections in half. Add in the bowl
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, add the orange juice, water, mustard, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, whisk in the olive oil until well combined.
- Pour over the Salad, Add the pecan halves and serve immediately.
This is what we call FR-FR-FRRR-FRESH!