Ok I have to admit, I am a big fan of sweet potatoes. It’s definitely on my top 10 list of the best things I have discovered in the USA.
They are so easy to cook, you basically just have to throw them in the oven and they come out delicious! And everyone loves them, it’s amazing!
Homemade Sweet Potato fries
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika or cajun mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- handful parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degres F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them longwise into sticks.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and spices.
- Spread them on a baking sheet without piling them up. They have to be well spread out so they cook perfectly
- Bake for 20 minutes by turning them after 10 minutes
- They are ready when the outside starts to get crispy brown. Make sure you don’t leave them too long, burnt sweet potatoes are not good 😉
- Mix with some parsley before serving
Yes, this makes everyone happy!