Happy Summer Everyone!
Because the sun missed our rendez-vous today, let’s bring it in cup full of fresh lemon!
When I made this recipe, I used way too many lemons and we were all lemon-high 🙂
so I am reducing the quantity in the recipe below. You can always add more if you are in love with lemons!
This is a recipe you have to prepare at least 3 hours before serving.
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 400 ml coconut cream (2 cans) (you need cream better than milk)
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (I used Maizena)
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup or honey
- Peel the lemon to get the lemon zest.
- Place the coconut cream and zest in a saucepan.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and cornstarch until it is well combined. Add the sweetener. Add this mixture to the coconut cream saucepan
- Heat the saucepan on medium heat, mixing regularly with a spatula until small bubbles are forming.
- Lower the heat and keep mixing until the texture gets creamy like a thick yoghurt. A small thick layer will form on the top. It should take around 5-7 minutes. Make sure the cream does not stick to the pan by sing the spatula.
- Once ready, turn off the heat. Pour in cold cups and let cool for 10-15 minutes before putting in the fridge.
- Serve at least 3 hours later. You can keep it for 3-4 days so you have a dose of sunny lemon every day!