All gluten-free and vegan, this meal is not only delicious, it will not make you feel heavy at all. You have been wondering how to enjoy pasta and be healthy at the same time. We have the answer right here!
Mushroom-Tomato Sauce over Adzuki Bean Pasta
- 1 pack adzuki bean pasta by Explore Asian
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or brown rice flour
- 2 cups mushrooms (we used a mix of shitake, oyster, white)
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1 can organic crushed tomatoes or 2 fresh tomatoes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Homemade parmesan
Side dishes (suggestion):
- grilled acorn squash : Preheat oven to 400 degres F, Cut the squash in half, discard the seeds, cut into 1 inch slices, toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt/pepper , fresh thyme and 2 Tbsp honey. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes until crispy
- 1 avocado, sliced
- green salad, tossed with olive oil, 1/2 an orange diced and a pinch salt
- In a pan, boil water for the pasta (follow the instructions on the package)
- Separately, in a saute pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until golden
- Add the vegetable broth and flour and stir for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken
- Add in the mushrooms and tomato sauce (or fresh tomatoes) and cook for another 6 minutes until it is well combined and thick
- For the pasta: once the water is boiling, add in the pasta and cook 5 minutes until al dente
- Add some salt/pepper to the mushroom dish, chili flakes to the mushroom mix and lower the heat
Once the pasta is ready, drain. Remove the mushroom sauce from the heat
Top with scallions and parmesan before serving. Feel free to add basil, parsley or any other herb your like.
Another colorful dish! Red-Yellow-Green are the best!