I think that pancakes are one of my favorite discoveries in the US, food-wise.
They are so delicious, simply topped with maple syrup. And then you can make so many different versions: fancy with blueberries, nutty with pecans/shaved almonds, crazy with chocolate, etc.
Here is a simple recipe that you can tweak and adapt to make your dream pancake. This recipe makes around 12 small pancakes.
- 1 cup gluten free four
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- Mash the banana in a bowl until there is no more pieces. Add the vanilla extract and the milk
- In a different bowl, prepare the dry ingredients: mix the flour, sugar and baking powder
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir until it’s a thick liquid
- Heat your pan, brush it with some coconut oil
- Make your pancakes by pouring a ladle into a round shape, wait until it makes bubbles and flip it
Eat warm. So delicious!