This is a nice dish to accompany some rice and greens.
Sauteed Parsnips and Carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large carrots
- 3 medium parsnips
- a pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- a pinch of cumin seeds (optional)
- Chop the onion into small dices
- Peel the carrot, cut the top and bottom and cut into thin slices
- Scrub the parsnips until the skin is without any thread and cut into thin slices similar to the carrot
- In a frying pan, heat a Tbsp of olive oil on low heat
- Add the onion and the cumin. Turn the heat to medium. Cook 1 or 2 minutes until the onion becomes yellowish
- Add the carrots and parsnips with 1 Tbsp olive oil and let cook until they become tender stirring occasionally. Add the salt and a pinch of nutmeg after 10 minutes
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes until the parsnips are very tender.
- Once ready serve right away, the flavor of the parsnips and carrots mixed together is best when eaten hot
Fall colors in your plate baby!