Do you like chocolate?
Do you like coconut?
Then you are going to love this. It is sooooo delicious that when you eat it, you will forget what time it is, that it’s raining outside, that your job sucks, that the world is insane, etc.
Doesn’t chocolate solve everything?
At least for couple of minutes, just savor and let it go…
The Chocolate Coconut Tart
- 1 cup almond
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 dates pitted. If they are too hard, let soak in water for 5-10 minutes
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 dates
- 2 Tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 dark chocolate bar (I use Lindt 70%) melted
- Chocolate sauce for topping
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- To make the crust : In your food processor, process the almonds until you obtain a fine flour. Mix in the other ingredients. Press in the bottom of a 9′ pan and put in the fridge.
- To make the filling: in your food processor, blend all the ingredients until they are well incorporated. Pour on top of the crust and put back in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Make the chocolate sauce by mixing both ingredients in a small bowl and draw lines on top on your tart before serving. You can also decorate with coconut flakes, fruits, nuts depending on your mood of the day
Be ready, everyone you make this tart to will ask you for the recipe. Just pass it around 🙂