This is a great dish to share whenever you have friends over or whenever you need to bring something to a potluck!
By the way, I love this word “Potluck”, don’t you?
Vegan Pot Pie
- 2 frozen sheets puff pastry (we use Pepperidge Farm’s)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups veggie broth (make your own or we use this one)
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup plain almond milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red potatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets for 40 minutes maximum
- In a wok or large saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Add in the diced onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the flour and the broth and whisk until well mixed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degres F.
- Add the milk, the carrots, the bay leaves and the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes until thickened.
- Add the mushrooms, peas and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt/pepper and oregano as per your taste and stop the heat
- In a round baking pan, lay one baking sheet brushed with some vegan butter
- Lay one puff pastry sheet, spread some vegan butter on top and pour the veggies mixture. Cover with the second puff pastry sheet. Cut a design with your knife and slightly bruch some vegan butter on top
- Put in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the top gets golden brown.
Let cool 5 minutes by the time you take a nice photo of your dish and happily serve your guests or just treat yourself 🙂