This is it, we have reached this time of the year where everyone around is getting sick. People are sniffling and sneezing and you can hear announcements in the subway about the flu. The winter is not over. Let’s live with it and take care of ourselves. Here is your toolkit:
- Ginger, ginger, ginger, plenty of ginger. Buy it fresh, peel it, slice it thinly and use it in warm water, tea, meals, smoothies. It’s the best cold killer I have met so far.
- Citrus : Drink fresh lemon juice and water in the morning, squeeze some lemon in your tea (with the ginger) and drink it all day! Eat lots of grapefruits, oranges, clementines, all of them, don’t be shy. Just buy the whole fruits and go crazy.
- Astragalus: I am so mad that this amazing root from China is not much known compared to Advil or aspirin. So I am here to tell you, you have to have astragalus! Forget any kind of chemicals!
- Mushrooms: People tend to forget that mushrooms are not only tasty but very healthy and especially when it comes to detoxification. Try the Reishi as a tea, the creme de la creme!
- Sleep well, Stay warm, Keep smiling and Repeat to yourself “it’s not so bad” 🙂